The number one complaint I hear from new clients is heartburn, GERD, acid reflux, gas, and/or burping. They come in frustration and pain and they’re desperate to find a solution.
Here are 5 easy steps to help eliminate your pain.
- Chew your food. That may sound simple but the average American chews their food about six times before swallowing. Our stomachs are not designed to digest large chunks of food. Chew your food until its a slurry.
- If you’re stressed or feeling rushed, wait to eat. Skip that meal. Save it until you can sit down and calmly enjoy your food. When we’re in flight or fight mode, our bodies are not able to digest our food. Eating while stressed/rushed is a great way to create indigestion.
- If you feel the need to drink with your meal, only sip at your drink, don’t gulp it down. We need stomach acid to digest our food. It’s a misconception that we have too much acid. Drinking water with your meal dilutes your stomach acid and can cause indigestion.
- Try sipping raw apple cider vinegar (ACV), (1 or 2 tablespoons) in about a half-cup of water with your meal. This will increase your stomach acid and help prevent any discomfort. If the ACV causes discomfort, you may have an ulcer or H. Pylori. In that case, discontinue the ACV. You’ll need a different approach. Contact me for help.
- Eat smaller meals. Try eating five times a day rather than the standard three. Eat the same amount of total daily food, only spread it out throughout the five meals. And don’t graze throughout the day. Your body needs time in-between meals to digest.
There are certainly more ways to lower acid reflux. And the explanations for each of these suggestions is more involved than what fits in a small text. Feel free to ask me for explanations on any of these suggestions.
Read my previous blog post on Acid Reflux for more information. https://mountainsunhealing.com/how-to-reduce-or-eliminate-acid-reflux/
May your volcano be silent.